Below is a full listing of all the CD-ROMs currently available from the Society.
If you find any items of interest, you can select them from our order form page, print and send in to us to make your purchase.
Parish Registers Available On Cd-Rom
1. THE CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF ST. PETER AND ST. WILFRID, RIPON (RIPON PARISH CHURCH)
A transcription of Christenings 1572-1855; Marriages 1576-1837, and Burials 1574-1881. Over 2000 pages in alphabetical name order. Marriages, aliases and significant variants in duplicate registers entered under both names. Included is a typewritten introduction with explanatory notes.
2. PARISH OF RIPON CHAPELRIES: WINKSLEY, SAWLEY, BISHOP THORNTON, ALDFIELD, BISHOP MONKTON, MARKINGTON, SKELTON-ON-URE, SHAROW, NORTH STAINLEY, RIPON HOLY TRINITY; WITH RIPON WORKHOUSE BIRTHS AND DEATHS
The original parish of Ripon spread over a large geographical area, and over time daughter churches were built and created as parishes in their own right. Early records for these parishes were in the Ripon registers, but records were kept separately from various dates. Registers for each church are shown together with a cumulative alphabetical name index.
Register dates included are:
- Winksley: Baptisms 1747-1781 & 1812-1900. Marriages 1753-1754. Burials 1747-1900. Banns 1864-1900
- Sawley: Baptisms 1812-1900. Burials 1836-1900. Banns 1865-1900
- Bishop Thornton: Baptisms and Burials 1816-1900. Banns 1863-1900
- Aldfield: Baptisms 1810-1900. Burials 1809-1900. Banns 1895-1900
- Bishop Monkton: Baptisms and Burials 1852-1900
- Markington: Baptisms, Burials and Banns 1844-1900
- Skelton-on-Ure: Baptisms and Burials 1811-1876
- Sharow: Baptisms 1825-1900. Burials 1826-1900. Banns 1864-1900
- North Stainley: Baptisms 1840-1900. Burials 1842-1900
- Ripon Holy Trinity: Baptisms and Burials 1827-1900. Marriages 1827-1837
- Ripon Workhouse: Births 1855-1900. Deaths 1855-1866
3. KIRKBY MALZEARD AREA REGISTERS
As In the case of Ripon, the ancient parish of Kirby Malzeard had new churches to serve outlying villages, and from the 19th Century separate registers were kept. Registers for each church are shown together with a cumulative alphabetical name index.
Register dates included are:
- Kirkby Malzeard: Baptisms 1653-1900
- Marriages 1653-1840. Burials 1653-1900
- Dallowgill: Baptisms and Burials 1844-1900
- Grewelthorpe: Baptisms and Burials 1850-1900
- Mickley: Baptisms and Burials: 1844-1900
- Masham Marriage Bonds: 1760-1876
The three above are also available on microfiche. Please state if this is preferred.
4. THE CHURCH OF ST. MARY, PATELEY BRIDGE
The earliest records of the now ruined parish church. Difficult to transcribe, this takes the story of the people of the parish to the 16th Century.
Baptisms, Marriages and Burials: 1551-1699.
5. THE CHURCHES OF ST. MARY AND ST. CUTHBERT, PATELEY BRIDGE
Baptisms and Marriages: 1700-1900. Banns: 1844-1900.
6. THE CHURCHES OF ST. MARY AND ST. CUTHBERT, PATELEY BRIDGE.
Monumental Inscriptions of the Church of St. Mary.
7.THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST. PAUL AND ST. MARGARET, NIDD.
This is the parish situated on the west side of Knaresborough, close to the river of that name. Should not be confused with the parishes further up the river.
Index Of Wills And Administrations Available On CD-ROM
1. MASHAM PECULIAR
This Administrative area included the parish of Masham in the North Riding and the parish of Kirby Malzeard in the West Riding. This provides lists of the original documents and probate copies held formerly at Sheepscar in Leeds.
There are four indices: those of Testators; Occupations; Places outside the Peculiar, All surnames in the documents other than the Testator.
Field names and a map of the townships with OS references of the lesser known residences are noted. The work is in two parts.
Part One shows the Calendar and Part Two shows the indexes. This is available also as a two volume printed work.
Please state which is preferred.
History of Ripon
RIPON MARKET PLACE: The evolution of the centre of an historic Yorkshire Market town
A C.D.-Rom of the book published in 2001 and now out of print. 150pp. 35 illustrations.
It traces the development of the market place properties over eight centuries and commemorates its importance to the social and economic life of the city. It contains a wealth of information about individual properties and the families who owned them from the 17th Century onwards.
CENSUS INDEX ON CD-ROM
1851 CENSUS INDEX HO 107 2282 Folios 1-443
Aldborough and Boroughbridge; Ellenthorpe; Roecliffe; Minskip; Upper and Lower Dunsford; Brantongreen; Marton with Grafton; Staveley; Copgrove; Burnt Yates; Ripley; Clint; Hampsthwaite; Killinghall; Birstwith; Felliscliffe; Beckwithshaw; Pannal; Kirby Overblow; Follifoot; Harrogate, and Bilton.
1851 CENSUS INDEX HO 107 2283 Folios 1-614
Knaresborough; Scriven; Brearton; Nidd; Arkendale; Farnham; Ferrensby; Walkingham Hill with Ockary; Scotton; Plompton; Goldsborough; Great and Little Ouseburn; Kirby Hall; Thorpe Underwood; Nun Monkton; Whixley; Cattall; Green and Kirk Hammerton; Allerton Maleverer; Hopperton; Hunsingore; Great and Little Ribston; Linton; Cowthorpe; Spofforth; Kirk and North Deighton; Sicklinghall; Kearby with Netherby, and Wetherby.
Both comprise an alphabetical index of surnames, including forename, age, and place of birth.
Other Census indexes available on microfiche. See Microfiche page.